Wiki Endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm using percutaneous technique-help!

lsilbaugh

Contributor
Best answers
Can someone please help me code this?

our coder put:
34075-62
37242-62
36246-62-rt
34709-62-lt
34713-62-rt

We are getting a denial.

When I entered the codes in the scrubber it came back with Cpt codes 37242, 36246 cannot use mod 62 // 34709 is an add on code and needs a primary // 34713 Is bundled into 36246 and 37242

Operative Technique: Operative Technique: The patient was brought to the catheterization lab in a fasting state. He was laid supine on the cardiac catheterization table. Both groins were prepped and draped in the usual sterile fashion. Anesthesia was administered by the anesthesia department. 1% lidocaine was infiltrated over both common femoral vessels. Using ultrasound guidance, 6 French sheaths were placed bilaterally. I worked on the right side. Dr. X worked on the left side. We concurrently performed the procedure. On the right side, 1 ProGlide device was used to place sutures. On the left side, 2 ProGlide devices were used to place sutures. Eight French sheaths were placed bilaterally. The patient was heparinized. A 6 French Ansel sheath was advanced from the left side into the neck of the aneurysm. The inferior accessory right renal artery was cannulated. A Glidewire was advanced distally into this vessel. A Kumpe catheter was advanced over the guidewire. The guidewire was changed for a Rosen guidewire. The Kumpe catheter was removed. A 6/6 plug was then advanced through the sheath into the proximal portion of the accessory right renal artery. The plug was successfully deployed which resulted in occlusion of the accessory right renal artery. The reason for this procedure was to prevent a type 2 endoleak into the aneurysm. Next, over stiff guidewires, a 15 French sheath was advanced from the right groin. A 16 French sheath was advanced from the left groin. The main body was advanced from the left side and this was a Gore excluder CXT281412 device. An Omni Flush catheter from the right side was used to mark the renal arteries. The patient had been heparinized. The ACT was monitored during the procedure. The Omni Flush catheter was pulled back and the main body was deployed. The gate was cannulated from the right side using a Glidewire and a Kumpe catheter. Suprarenal angiograms were obtained. The main body was constrained and repositioned. It was redeployed. The contralateral limb was then placed from the right side and this was a Gore excluder PLC 271200 device. The main body was then extended on the left side with a Gore excluder PLC 181000 device. Then, the Gore MOB balloon was use intact. aneurysm without any significant endoleak. The left-sided arteriotomy was closed with the 2 ProGlide sutures. The right-sided arteriotomy was closed with the single pre-existing ProGlide suture and an 8 French Angio-Seal device. The heparin was reversed with protamine. The patient left the catheterization lab hemodynamically stable with distal pulses intact.

Can someone please help me code this?

our coder put:
34075-62
37242-62
36246-62-rt
34709-62-lt
34713-62-rt

We are getting a denial.

When I entered the codes in the scrubber it came back with Cpt codes 37242, 36246 cannot use mod 62 // 34709 is an add on code and needs a primary // 34713 Is bundled into 36246 and 37242

Operative Technique: Operative Technique: The patient was brought to the catheterization lab in a fasting state. He was laid supine on the cardiac catheterization table. Both groins were prepped and draped in the usual sterile fashion. Anesthesia was administered by the anesthesia department. 1% lidocaine was infiltrated over both common femoral vessels. Using ultrasound guidance, 6 French sheaths were placed bilaterally. I worked on the right side. Dr. X worked on the left side. We concurrently performed the procedure. On the right side, 1 ProGlide device was used to place sutures. On the left side, 2 ProGlide devices were used to place sutures. Eight French sheaths were placed bilaterally. The patient was heparinized. A 6 French Ansel sheath was advanced from the left side into the neck of the aneurysm. The inferior accessory right renal artery was cannulated. A Glidewire was advanced distally into this vessel. A Kumpe catheter was advanced over the guidewire. The guidewire was changed for a Rosen guidewire. The Kumpe catheter was removed. A 6/6 plug was then advanced through the sheath into the proximal portion of the accessory right renal artery. The plug was successfully deployed which resulted in occlusion of the accessory right renal artery. The reason for this procedure was to prevent a type 2 endoleak into the aneurysm. Next, over stiff guidewires, a 15 French sheath was advanced from the right groin. A 16 French sheath was advanced from the left groin. The main body was advanced from the left side and this was a Gore excluder CXT281412 device. An Omni Flush catheter from the right side was used to mark the renal arteries. The patient had been heparinized. The ACT was monitored during the procedure. The Omni Flush catheter was pulled back and the main body was deployed. The gate was cannulated from the right side using a Glidewire and a Kumpe catheter. Suprarenal angiograms were obtained. The main body was constrained and repositioned. It was redeployed. The contralateral limb was then placed from the right side and this was a Gore excluder PLC 271200 device. The main body was then extended on the left side with a Gore excluder PLC 181000 device. Then, the Gore MOB balloon was use intact. aneurysm without any significant endoleak. The left-sided arteriotomy was closed with the 2 ProGlide sutures. The right-sided arteriotomy was closed with the single pre-existing ProGlide suture and an 8 French Angio-Seal device. The heparin was reversed with protamine. The patient left the catheterization lab hemodynamically stable with distal pulses intact.
It looks like 37242 & 36246 were performed from the left side so I would say Dr X would bill for that.
You have 34075 but I believe it should be 34705 which is a primary code for add on code 34709. It doesn't state that the extension terminated outside of the common iliac though so I don't think it would be billed.
I hope this helps.

It looks like 37242 & 36246 were performed from the left side so I would say Dr X would bill for that.
You have 34075 but I believe it should be 34705 which is a primary code for add on code 34709. It doesn't state that the extension terminated outside of the common iliac though so I don't think it would be billed.
I hope this helps.
thank you so much

I h
thank you so much
I hope this helps.
whoops i did mean 34705