Wiki Inspace balloon procedure

ahodge90

Networker
Best answers
Hello!
I was wondering if there was anyone out had any definitive information out there on how the inspace balloon procedure is performed. I have done some research on this, and I have found the following information. If anyone has any additional information on this, please add to this! I am learning as much as I can about the documentation requirements and the recommended way to code this.

Here is what I have so far...

• This code has a J8 ASC payment indicator
  • There is no CPT code for this procdedure, so we will have to report an unlisted arthroscopic code, 29999 for the physician claim.
  • The code C9781 can only be reported for the facility charges. If this is reported on the physician claim it will deny as they are not part of the physician fee schedule.
  • This code/procedure INCLUDES the procedures 29822, 29823, 29828 and 29826. This means those codes will NOT be able to be billed along with it.
As of now, I am not seeing a whole lot of information regarding documentation so any advice is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

Hello!
I was wondering if there was anyone out had any definitive information out there on how the inspace balloon procedure is performed. I have done some research on this, and I have found the following information. If anyone has any additional information on this, please add to this! I am learning as much as I can about the documentation requirements and the recommended way to code this.

• There is no CPT code for this procdedure, so we will have to report an unlisted arthroscopic code, 29999 for the physician claim.
  • The code C9781 can only be reported for the facility charges. If this is reported on the physician claim it will deny as they are not part of the physician fee schedule.
  • This code/procedure INCLUDES the procedures 29822, 29823, 29828 and 29826. This means those codes will NOT be able to be billed along with it.
As of now, I am not seeing a whole lot of information regarding documentation so any advice is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!
curious if you got an answer on this? Also, where did you find the resource about 29999 (balloon spacer) includes the 29822, 29823, 29828 & 29826? I am having an issue getting this code paid, also looking for a comparable CPT to verify the price. Thanks for any help!

Hello!

Thanks in advance!!
Hi! I've attached a couple resources. Hope it helps a little.

Attachments

• InSpace balloon implant brochure.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 22
  • Balloon Spacer in the Shoulder - KarenZupko&Associates, Inc..pdf
    332.6 KB · Views: 21